Search This Blog

Monday, May 28, 2012

The Top 10 Movies People Lie About Having Seen

 Here's the original story

People really lie about having seen these?  Why? 
1. The Godfather -- Great movie.  I've seen it a million times.
2. Casablanca -- Finally saw it on TV a bunch of years ago.  Eh.  Bogart stole his whole act from Crag Banyon.
3. Taxi Driver - Walked out on it.
4. 2001: A Space Odyssey -- Fell asleep on it.
5. Reservoir Dogs - I've heard the name, but have no idea who is in it or what it's about.  Does that count?  (Wait, is this a Quintly Tortilli movie?  If so, I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever see it.  Never. I can't stand that foul-mouthed twitch machine.)
6. This Is Spinal Tap -- I thought it was funny years ago, but it doesn't hold up.  I saw it a couple of years ago and I was very surprised at how painful it was to watch.  I don't think I smiled once.  I can't stand Meathead.  Christopher Guest's mockumentaries are much better.  For one thing, they're funny.
7. Apocalypse Now -- Awful movie that you're supposed to say is great.  The only laserdisc I ever traded in; and those things were expensive.  Read Heart of Darkness instead.  It'll take less time.  
8. Goodfellas -- I've seen it a bunch of times.  Good movie about horrible people.  
=8. Blade Runner -- I saw the original version years ago, but not any of the million remakes.  I'm pretty sure Larry of Larry, Darryl and Darryl is in it. 
10. The Great Escape -- Great movie.  Every time I watch it I always feel bad that Donald Pleasance ended his career chasing Jamie Lee Curtis' bogeyman.  He was a fine character actor.
So I've seen seven of them, I bailed on two of them and I'll never see one of them.  What do I win?

No comments:

Post a Comment