Search This Blog

Monday, November 26, 2012

Bond. Remington Bond.

A friend used to insist that the James Bond movies starring Remington Steele weren't as horrible as I knew they must be. I stumbled across the beginning of one a number of years ago, so I decided to give it a shot. Remington Bond was mincing around on top of a dam and wound up bungee jumping down the face of the dam, bungeeing upside-down into an open-air toilet stall where a Russian was sitting on the pot. Forget the whole creepy Larry Craig aspect of the scene and forget that the outdoor dam-toilet only existed because a snickering hack screenwriter stuck it out there as a ridiculous setup. Upside-down in the outdoor toilet and face-to-face with a crapping Russian, Remington Bond quipped something like, "Mind if I drop in?" I certainly did. I shut off the TV. Five minutes with Roger Moore, Jr. was five minutes too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment