Search This Blog

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Parks and Recreation

I posted a version of this over on the Parks and Recreation Facebook page in a discussion about this week's irritating episode. It'll get lost quickly there, and I thought it might be interesting to anyone here who was annoyed, as I was, by this episode.

Parks and Recreation had been unique in that it struck a nice balance between the political polar opposites Ron and Leslie; with the very radical (for TV) underlying theme that government is ineffectual. I want to see Leslie chaining herself to gates to save gazebos, not sneering at straw man uptight religious fanatics and closet queens. Agenda-driven stuff only makes half your audience happy. It's not a choice I'd make, Left or Right, especially for a show that's struggled in the ratings. I just hope this isn't the start of a trend. For now, I'm still a Perd-vert.

No comments:

Post a Comment