Search This Blog

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Destroyer Movie Treatment

I posted about The Destroyer movie at my Web site forum three years ago. It was already stuck in development hell back then. Beats me if there's been any movement since then; all I do know is nobody's called me. My post three years ago was about the movie treatment I'd written. It was so good that I recently stole a tiny little bit of it for The Red Menace #4. For you Destroyer fans who didn't see my post years ago, here's a section that might interest you:

I won't give out any plot details, but I will say that it's a totally new adventure. I think that's best for Remo on the screen.

--It's not an origin story because I mostly hate origin stories.

--When the script starts, Remo is already Remo. Think of our first intro to Indiana Jones in South America in Raiders of the Lost Ark. Indy was already Indy.

--Smith is involved in the action and gets out from behind his desk. Many folks make the mistake of seeing Smith as just some guy who gives Remo his marching orders then fades into irrelevancy. Not so. Smith is part of a triumvirate. He's important to The Destroyer so he's important to my story.

--It's got two all-new villains.

--It's a globe trotting adventure that takes place on four continents, and one of those is the one you'd least expect.

And that's all I'm going to tell you about the movie you're never going to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment